I was about to post a blog about how I need to do some correction to my old post about how I care so much about TV and even want to blog more about TV. Apparently I don’t really have too much time to watch TV. I missed a lot of my favorite TV show, and having no time (yet) to catch up either.
Well it’s before I unintentionally seen The Voice season 3 marathon. (They aired in Indonesia the same week as US. US on Monday, and we watch it here on Sunday.)
I actually never care so much about talent or reality show, I just occasionally catching up on You Tube when there’s some buzz over a show. Like who’s Susan Boyle or something.
So I just happen to be in front of TV set when my son randomly turning the channel. And there’s Cassadee Pope singing Torn on The Voice.
I sort of freak out, because that Cassadee Pope is like embodied one character that I wrote in my novel. (In case you didn’t know, I do write novel. Hopefully to be published in 2013). I once even wrote a scene where this character sings Natalie Imbruglia’s Torn, although it didn’t make the final cut. But she just everything I thought about this character.
I don’t know maybe I was just thinking about my character too much, so seeing random girl singing just felt like her. But then I follow her story on the Voice, she had father Issue. I’m like, really universe? Really? My character also has father issue. Not to mention she loves Avril Lavigne and those colorful hair pieces she had on stage. What these all mean?
Okay, simply, I’m just thinking about a character too much… But, it’s just proved something to me. If you’re thinking something too much, it will come right to your face. (You know as The Secret book said and all other similar book) So there you are.
Life Lesson: Watch your mind!
Unintentionally, I’m rooting for her in this competition, as I am care for the character in my book.
Look how stunning Cassadee Pope here.
(Love letter to Cassadee Pope: Stop using too much drama. Tell a story through your singing, not the back story. You are great. Thank you!)
1. I actually know her band’s song before, Candles. It was covered by Kurt and Blaine on Glee.
2. I thought, if this Cassadee Pope sing Iris, (the song my character obsessed on) I probably dead, and haunted her… Apparently he didn’t, thank God. But the week I started following The Voice update, Bryan Keith singing Iris. So she’s saved. I’m not dead. I won’t haunted her.
3. I tried not to think about anything, when she said the most played song on her Ipod is I’m With You by Avril lavigne. No. I refuse to be more deep connected. I erased all my memories about knowing anything about this song, or cried over this song. Just stop. Please.
- Cassadee Pope: Leather Splice Dress (stealherstyle.net)
- The Voice’: Cassadee’s Performance Has Blake Tearing Up (on.aol.com)
- ‘The Voice’: Amanda Brown & Cassadee Pope Wow As Top 8 Perform (hollywoodlife.com)